Hello. We like to collect well-designed vintage pottery (and lots of other stuff) from the 1950s,
'60s and '70s. Here are some pictures and info of a selection of the things we've found.

Wednesday 15 June 2011

Frank Keramik Danmark. A Danish vase with a Swedish cousin



















I was reminded about this vase by another pot I saw this week.

This is a small vase by Frank Keramik, Danmark. I wanted to show it because of the bright red/orange colour. Also, because of the unusual surface texture. There are raised areas of matt brown un-glazed pot in bands and diamonds. I would think this vase is from the 1970s.

It seems that this glaze technique is popular in Scandinavian ceramics. I was reminded about my little Frank vase when I saw a blog-post with a lovely Upsala Ekeby vase by Mari Simmulson on La momes Old fashioned, here: Mari Simmulson blue vase

3 comments: