Hello. We like to collect well-designed vintage pottery (and lots of other stuff) from the 1950s,
'60s and '70s. Here are some pictures and info of a selection of the things we've found.

Thursday 24 November 2011

Poole Pottery Delphis vases. Not giving up.



















If you wanted to add an instant splash of colour to a modern interior, you couldn't far wrong with a piece of Poole Delphis pottery.

Poole Delphis is bold and bright and stylish. I think it's fair to say that the popularity (if measured by the going value) of Delphis has dipped a little over the last two or three years. But I, for one, am not giving up on it. I think Delphis is brave and exciting and has the ability to deliver a great big dose of artistic style to any room.

The Poole Delphis pots shown here all date from the early 1970s. The red vase was decorated by Pamela Bevans, The green pot is by Carol Cutler, and I haven't yet identified the pot on the left.

Anyway, I love them whatever has happened to their market value. With me, it must be a case of 'value is in the eye of the beholder'.

6 comments:

  1. Hmm I think I do the same with delphis, love it/hate it.. I prefer the darker ones but not the green.

    Clare

    ps. I did my work experience in Poole pottery!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that, Clare. It does seem to be like that with Delphis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yes, because I really like the green - not so keen on the darker one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha. Nice one, Melanie. You see, taste is as individual as the pottery. You can please some of the people some of the...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all three, though it's nice to see them provoking so much reaction too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thought you might. It's those Poole-tinted spectacles. Cheers for the comment, Rob.

    ReplyDelete