Hello. We like to collect well-designed vintage pottery (and lots of other stuff) from the 1950s,
'60s and '70s. Here are some pictures and info of a selection of the things we've found.

Friday 4 November 2011

Fish from Norway. With Clupea by Turi

















I think the fish on these cups are Herring.

This wonderfully drawn design features simplified fish illustrations in blues and greens. They are part of a range by Figgio Flint, Norway known as Clupea and were produced in the 1960s. The design is by Turi Gramstadt Oliver. The matching saucer is a square shape which is a nice touch.

5 comments:

  1. Hi just found your blog.
    I love studio pottery and the like, I'm looking forward to learning more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of these babies is arriving my house in just a few days. I already have a dinnerplate. I love the design.

    Like your blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you selfsewn and Janne. Nice comments from bloggers with nice sites of their own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look after those gems well - they cost a small fortune around here these days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will do Janne. I'm not surprised they're so highly valued by collectors – they're so nicely designed.

    ReplyDelete