Hello. We like to collect well-designed vintage pottery (and lots of other stuff) from the 1950s,
'60s and '70s. Here are some pictures and info of a selection of the things we've found.

Friday 12 October 2012

Rimini Blue vases by Bitossi. Rediscovered


















Last week I had to clamber up into the loft space to bring down some suitcases. Whilst I was up there, I couldn't resist peeping into a couple of storage boxes that I put up there two or three years ago. Look what I found in one of the boxes: this selection of wonderful Italian pottery. As I hadn't seen these since the day I'd stored them away, it was like meeting a long-lost friend again.

As far as I know, the range is known as Rimini Blue (or Rimini Blu) and they were made in Italy by Bitossi. Dating this type of pottery is a little more difficult. I have a feeling this range has been produced since the early 1950s, but that some items are still in production today.

The shapes, the fabulous blue/green colour, and the textures are all a joy on the eye.

I have a feeling I have some examples of Bitossi pottery in reds and oranges put away somewhere – I can feel another trip to the loft coming on.

3 comments:

  1. I wish my loft had such great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. exactly what I need...a loft of hidden treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, I sold one this afternoon, but in a curved shape. I like those straight lines much better, they allow to concentrate on the structures and beautiful shades of green and blue. I´d love to have one of Aldo Londis Rimini Blu animals, but until that fine day I´m happy with the candle holder!

    ReplyDelete