Hello. We like to collect well-designed vintage pottery (and lots of other stuff) from the 1950s,
'60s and '70s. Here are some pictures and info of a selection of the things we've found.

Sunday 24 June 2012

A tale of two kitties.


















I recently did a blogpost on a Carltonware cat-shaped money box and a Tigris cat vase. Writing those two posts reminded me of two more cats in the collection. One about which I know very little and one about which I know a little more.

This is the first of the the two kitties. A vintage white ceramic cat in an elegant shape. The cat is nicely painted in red and black and has an elongated neck. Other than that, I can't really tell you much more about it. I don't know who designed it or when it was made but it does have a 1950s or 1960s look about it. Any ideas?

Stand by for kitty number two.

No comments:

Post a Comment